Dapfor Wpf GridControl
Dapfor Wpf GridControl is a high-performance thread-safe control for displaying table data in high-performance applications. It supports displaying both single header data (like Windows Explorer) and hierarchies with multiple independent headers preserving the same data structure for both presentations.
Wpf GridControl was initially developed for use in high-performance financial applications. GridControl architecture has many convenient features that are commonly use in financial applications (e.g. cell blinking with specified color for a specified time interval or binding to data sources running in non-GUI threads). Most Wpf GridControl functions are inherited from its predecessor, .Net Grid, that was developed for WinForms technology.
It also provides developers with a simple and intuitive API so that they can focus on developing application business logic easily expanding its functionality as desired. Broad usage of data binding and data templates enables creation of high-quality applications with various styles that give only positive impressions to end users.
Wpf GridControl performance is a special issue. The control is the best performing component in the market. It is capable of processing huge data volumes with lowest possible CPU and memory utilization. For example, a GridControl of 5000 rows can process over 20000 data updates per second with simultaneous cell blinking with average processor load not exceeding 20%
Here are some reasons why one should choose Dapfor Wpf GridControl
- High performance and lowest memory and resource consumption. See also Detailed description of grid performance. Demo application can be downloaded here.
- Supports almost any data sources. Supports both connecting to sources like IBindingList or ICollection and adding data objects with GridControl.Rows.Add(Object) and Row.Add(Object) methods.
- Support of simultaneous usage of objects of different types and simultaneous connection to multiple data sources.
- Support of data source connection on any hierarchy level. For example:
Row row = grid.Rows;
row.ItemsSource = _my_source_;
- Using declarative data binding that greatly simplifies application structure.
- Integrated features for financial application development. (Cell blinking for specified time interval)
Row row = grid.Rows;
- Simple building of any hierarchy.
- Data grouping, filtering and multiple sorting and any combination of these features. Usage of these features with static data and with real time data dynamically changing in any thread.
- Thread safety. The grid receives notifications from data objects and systematically synchronizes calls with the main thread.
- Full support of data templates and data selectors. Displaying any controls in grid cells.
- Usage of various styles and themes. Easy redefinition of styles and themes.
- Application deployment requires only one Dapfor.Wpf.dll assembly with size not exceeding 1 Mb.
For more details on GridControl see Features section. Section Wpf GridControl tutorial contains description, concept and many usage examples.
Dapfor provides free support for all products and will be glad to receive any feedback or suggestions that will help to improve existing and future products. Dapfor doesn’t charge royalty fees for use of its components in applications. Let’s create the best applications together!